Choosing the Right Siding for Your Home
Building a new house, or remodeling the home you currently live in, comes with some tough decisions that are going to affect the look and feel of your property. One of the hardest decisions to make about a house is the exterior design. One of the most popular choices for such in New York is siding. There is a vast array of siding options available, giving you full customization capabilities, but still, more decisions to make.
When it comes to choosing siding for your New York home, here are some tips:
- Climate – There are certain types of siding that will not work well in a particular environment. For example, brick veneer siding does not work great in a high humidity area or an area with high salt water.
- Your Personal Style – The most important thing to consider when choosing a type of siding for your home is your own personal style. You need to decide what siding best reflects your personality and character.
- Your Budget – While the exterior siding of your home is an extremely important decision, you will still want to allocate a budget for each phase of your home improvement. Determine a siding that is pleasant, appropriate and affordable.
- Your Neighborhood – Being a good neighbor starts from the moment you begin construction on your home. Consider the look and feel of your neighborhood when you are determining your home’s exterior siding. You don’t want to be the crazy house located on the end of the street.
Types of Siding:
There are a variety of different types of siding that you can choose from that will work just fine whether you are building or remodeling. It is important that you do your research beforehand, but this will assist you in finding the perfect type of siding for your home.
- Brick Veneer – Brick is an extremely popular style for an exterior siding. Brick veneer siding is most commonly found on Colonial style homes, Tudor style homes and English Cottage style homes. When properly installed brick siding can last the life of your house.
- Vinyl Siding – Vinyl siding is a great siding option because it is low in cost, and it comes in a variety of different colors and styles. In the last five years, technology has advanced vinyl siding tremendously. It looks more quality, holding a vibrant finish for decades.
- Wood Siding – If you want your home to portray a warm, rich feeling, wooden siding can be a great options. Authentic wood looks absolutely amazing and is difficult to imitate. It also gives you the opportunity to really customize the look because you get to paint or stain it.
- Hardiplank Siding – Hardiplank is a unique type of siding because it is the perfect blend of concrete and wood material. This makes it extremely durable. It can be painted a variety of different colors, and it matches just about any style of home.